Area Guide

Alderminster

About Alderminster

Alderminster is a village and civil parish on the River Stour about 4 miles (6.4 km) south of Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire, England. The village is on the A3400 road between Stratford-upon-Avon and Shipston-on-Stour. The 2011 Census recorded the parish's population as 491.

Alderminster was an exclave of Worcestershire until 1931, when it was transferred to Warwickshire. When rural district councils were created in the 1890s, Alderminster was part of Shipston on Stour Rural District. When the parish was transferred to Warwickshire it became part of Stratford on Avon Rural District.

The first mention of a post office in the village is in July 1849, when a type of postmark known as an undated circle was issued. The post office closed in 1973.

In the Domesday Book (1086) Alderminster is shown as part of the land of St Mary's of Pershore, in Pershore Hundred, Worcestershire. In 1884 the village is shown on a map as consisting only of a few houses. The Minster and Parish Church of St Mary and the Holy Cross is of 12th century origin. The church has been listed Grade II* since 1967.

Source: Wikipedia

The data used is based on the CV37 8 Postcode District. Some roads of Aldermister may lie in other postcode districts as other areas may reside in this postcode district.

Due to the small sample size, the data can become compromised due to fluctuating transaction levels or unusual transactions. As such, the data provided is for guidance only and must not be solely relied upon.