Area Guide

Oldberrow

About Oldberrow

Oldberrow is a village in the Stratford on Avon District of Warwickshire, England. The parish was part of Worcestershire until 1896, when it was transferred to Warwickshire, into which county it penetrated, between Morton Bagot and Ullenhall, as a narrow strip some 3 miles (4.8 km) long by about ½ mile wide. Population details at the 2011 Census are still maintained under Redditch (Worcs). The land slopes from 513 ft (156 m) at Oldberrow Hill in the north-west to about 275 ft (84 m) in the south-east. There is no village, but the church, rectory, and the Court lie at the crossing of four small roads. It is now part of the parish of Morton Bagot, Oldberrow and Spernall which in 2001 had a population of 153.

Its name first appears in 709 when Cenred of Mercia gave 12 acres (49,000 m2) in Oldberrow to Bishop Egwin towards the endowment of his newly founded monastery at Evesham. The spelling at this time was Ulenbeorge meaning either "the hill of the owl" or "Ulla's hill". It has gone through many variations of spelling, Oleburgh in the Domesday Book, Ullebury in the 1332 Subsidy Roll, then Owlburough, Uleberga, Oldborough, Oldbarrow and Oldburrow. The hill is about 2 miles (3.2 km) from the church and was described by Treadway Nash as an ancient tumulus In 1086, it was still held by the church at Evesham and is recorded; In Fishborough Hundred... In Oleburgh (Oldberrow) are 12 acres (49,000 m2) of land. 2 countrymen, pigmen. Woodland, 1 league. Value 5s.

Source: Wikipedia

The data used is based on the B95 5 Postcode District. Some roads of Oldberrow may lie in other postcode districts as other areas may reside in this postcode sector.

Due the small sample size, the data can become compromised due to fluctuating transaction levels or unusual transactions. As such, the data provided is for guidance only and must not be relied upon.